It's not just the crazily contorted, gravity-defying poses than make yoga awesome. Practicing yoga provides both mental and physical health benefits, and can help strengthen your body in more ways than one. Read on, yogis.
Reduces anxiety: The breathing exercise helps de-stress both sides of your body helping increase the flow of oxygen to the brain and helping you feel your most zen.
Improves balance: Extreme emphasis on alignment and sustained poses strengthens your core and straightens your posture—a huge plus for those of us who sit at a desk all day.
Boosts mood: Taking the time to stretch can aid in alleviating feelings of sadness. Stretching releases endorphins and can increase the flow of oxygen-rich blood, improving blood circulation and your mood.
Increases energy: Extended length and movement of yoga poses builds and sustains “energetic highs.”
Promotes better sleep: Stretching and non-intense poses can release tension and help you relax.
Acceptance of body image: Through judgement-free zones and increased self-awareness, yoga can help you show more kindness to yourself. Yoga can benefit individuals of all different ages, shapes, sizes, and abilities because it’s not just a physical practice. When we quiet the mind, we can more deeply understand and appreciate the body.
Here's the deal...
Arrive at least 10 minutes before class.
Reserving your space for class online is not required, but it's strongly encouraged. This way you just roll in, say hi, and strut straight into the yoga room.
If you're gearing up for your first visit to our space, all the new student things can be done online. Yay for efficiency! Give yourself enough time (aka more than the previously mentioned 10 minutes) to arrive, connect with us, and get settled into the studio.
Our yoga room is gently heated. AKA it's about 75 degrees in there. Don't worry you'll still work up a sweat.
Mats and towels are complimentary. Aka, they are free for you to use while you are here. We all forget our mats and towels from time to time.
Unlimited Monthly: $95 per month
8-class package: $75 per month
5-class package: $50 per month
Drop-in classes: $12 per session
Students: $5 per class
We will offer 10% off all packages for a family discount.
These packages do not include access to aerial yoga.
Zen Planner FAQs
- "I can't find the initial email with my user name and password." No problem! Contact us and we can send you a password reset email with the information to reset your account.
- "I want to register for an aerial class, but it won't let me in the Zen Planner app." If you have not yet purchased an aerial yoga package, you can only reserve via the website. If problems persist, you can always contact us to reserve a class for you.
- "I'm having trouble reserving classes via the website." We've found some browsers work better than others to reserve and view our schedule (Chrome is recommended by our techie friends at Zen Planner). You may also need to double check your security preferences.
- "When I purchase a membership, is it valid for the calendar month, or a 30-day period?" Our memberships are based on a 30-day period. If you sign up for your membership on the 10th of the month, you have until the 10th of the following month to use your sessions.
- "Can I still pay in cash or check?" Of course! You can add credit card to your account, or we're happy to accept cash or check.
If you are signed up for a class, you've got until 2 hours before the time of class to remove yourself from the list and still have the class credit on your account. If you late cancel out of the class after that 2 hour window, or if you just don't show up at all, you lose the class credit and it will not be refunded.
If you purchased a One Month Unlimited you are subject to a $10 charge for all Late Cancels and No Shows.